Rural Health and Safety Education: Combating Opioids
The Rural Health and Safety Education webinar series “Combating Opioids” is hosted by Purdue University Extension and the NCRCRD as part of a USDA/NIFA grant.* To join any of the webinars, go to: https://ncrcrd.adobeconnect.com/rhse/ - Log in as a “Guest” and “enter room”. To facilitate Q&A’s, participants will use the Chat Function.
If you have never used Adobe Connect on your computer, use the “test connection” link: https://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm in advance.
NOTE: Adobe connect is not compatable with CHROME, use Internet Explorer or Firefox as your internet browser.
Objective of this webinar series is to:
- Share information and best practices to prevent opioid misues and abuse in rural counties
- Increase professional capacity to engage in health leadership in rural counties
- Increase access to new ideas and technologies related to opioid misuse and abuse in rural counties
- Increase public health knowledge and engage in health system
- Increase health literacy of opioid misuse or abuse in rural counties
How the Opioid Crisis Impacts Individuals and Rural Communities
December 5, 2017 @ 2:00 PM-EST
Presented by: Michelle Sybesma, Parkdale Center for Professionals
*This work is supported by the United States Department of Agriculture, National Institute of Food and Agriculture (grant opportunity #: USDA-NIFA-RHSE-006360)