Call for Proposals: North Central Regional Center for Rural Development
DUE: March 9, 2015
The North Central Regional Center for Rural Development is pleased to announce a call for policy projects. These are single- or multiple-investigator projects, and must be led by personnel from a land grant institution within the 12 North Central States. Land grant graduate students and others not employed by land-grants may join a project led by an eligible land grant employee. A list of eligible institutions is available on the Center’s web site.
* Budget line items are limited to personnel and reimbursable travel. The proposal fiduciary arrangement is
a subcontract with one or more NC land grant institutions (no consulting).
* Personnel are NOT required to relocate to Center offices during their appointment.
* Payment will be made on receipt of acceptable products.
All projects should plan on starting in April 2015 and submitting a first draft by June 22, 2015. All projects will provide a webinar overview of the project findings aimed at individuals employed by land grant universities in the region. Webinars will be scheduled upon final approval of the other outputs.
Project Types: (one per proposal, multiple proposals from the same individual are permitted), maximum of $15K budget per proposal.
1. Impacts of Oil on Rural North Central Communities
2. Impacts of Alternative Trade Proposals on Rural North Central Communities.
3. Rural Housing Issues
4. Rural Health Care under the Affordable Care Act.
5. Managing Long-Term Environmental Contamination Risk in Mining Communities.
6. Locally-based Policies to Create Upward Mobility Opportunities for Residents.
Required outputs for all funded projects: 10-20 page document; 2 page policy brief; webinar.
Full description/details and how to apply - Policy Project Call for Proposals
MSU SubRecipient Form